Position Opening: Staff Accountant
Hahn is searching for a full-time Staff Accountant to support and report to our agency’s Controller. The role includes daily transactional activities, including but not limited to full-cycle Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable support, Account Service Time Tracking and Reporting, and basic corporate accounting duties for a multi-entity structure.
The right candidate has:
- Trusted integrity: Management of confidential and highly sensitive company and personnel information are a daily aspect of this role. The highest level of discretion, data management, and attention to cyber security protocols is an absolute requirement.
- Attention to detail: The Staff Accountant will reconcile accounts and identify any discrepancies or miscalculations. This requires strong analytic and observation skills and a willingness to double- and triple-check accounting files to ensure accuracy.
- Strong problem-solving skills: “Options are better than answers” is a principle of operating effectively at Hahn. The right Staff Accountant for this role will be able to define and diagnose problems by assessing symptoms, generating alternative solutions, recommending an alternative, then implementing and follow up on the solution.
- Strong technology skills: Familiarity with accounting software, spreadsheet programs, etc. and a desire to learn founded on working knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Effective communication: The ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization, including senior leadership, in writing, via online sessions and face-to-face meetings.
- Team player: The right person for this role has a high desire to help where needed, to respond quickly to support the entire agency team, and to be held accountable for deadlines and deliverables.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Full-Cycle Accounts Payable including invoice entry, payment scheduling, and vendor correspondence.
- Daily receipt collection as well as bank and credit card transaction processing/posting to correct GL and Job Codes.
- Prepare and review billing statements, invoices, and similar documents for accuracy. Support the agency’s account service team with budget tracking, as requested in updating time charges and communicating with clients when necessary to clarify specific line item details related to billing.
- Assist with payroll and annual 1099 processing.
- Create accounting reports.
- Assist the Controller with cloud-based filing work and software implementation tasks as necessary.
- Assist with related duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting OR 3-5 years of full bookkeeping/project accounting experience.
- Ability to enter data and utilize computer software systems accurately and efficiently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Excel skills to include creation of charts and graphs to support executive decision making.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to provide exceptional internal and external client service through a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and timely completion of duties.
- A working understanding of ethical accounting standards and conduct.
- Basic project accounting support to include PO and Item Receipt processing, basic job costing, and financial reporting.
- Ability to work effectively both within a team environment and independently.
- Important note: For the first 6 months, this will be an in-office, non-remote job requiring daily presence at the company’s home office in Austin, Texas. Remote work days may be an option following a successful first 6-months.
- Base Salary w/ Competitive Market and Performance Adjustments
- Return-on-Contribution (ROC) Performance-based Profit Sharing
- Individual and/or Family Health, Dental and Vision Coverage @ 80%
- 401K access and matching program
- Flexible work location: from fully remote to fully in the office and anything in between
- 8-week Paid Parental Leave
- High-Quality Workspace and Tech
- All Hands Learning & Social Experiences
- Agency Performance Quarterly Business Reviews
- Company Funded Training and Professional Development Resources
Who We Are
The Hahn Agency is 50-plus experts generating $15M in annual revenue and sharing in the resulting profits. The agency was founded in 1974 and has team members working remotely in a number of cities across the country with its home office in Austin, Texas.
We offer competitive compensation, quarterly profit sharing, professional development opportunities, medical/dental/vision benefits, a fun working environment, and Zoom-based team events. The firm is fully committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in its recruiting efforts and welcomes any opportunity to interview qualified applicants with unique viewpoints and life experiences.
Hahn leverages data science, predictive models, and wonderfully creative thinking to promote and protect food and energy brands. Our clients make the lights turn on, they grow, deliver, and serve good food, build roads, and work behind the scenes to make life better. They’re often overlooked but we see them – and help millions of customers, ratepayers and consumers appreciate them